Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Pineapple Coconut Bundt


Somehow, I got it in my head about 4 days ago that I had to make a pineapple cake. I don't know what it was...the warm spring weather we're having? I just REALLY wanted something springy and tropical tasting. I tried to ignore it...to no avail. So I started looking for a good recipe. I couldn't find one that was just what I wanted. Either it had too much butter and sugar (as in a pineapple pound cake recipe I found) or it was a layer cake with fancy pineapple filling and frosting. I just wanted something simple with pineapple in it!

I finally just adapted a couple of different ideas and did my own thing. No fancy filling, no sugary frosting. Just a simple dusting with powdered sugar is all it needs. If you're so inclined you could drizzle it with a buttercream glaze. We ate it with a little whipped cream on top. Some of my kids wished I'd left out the coconut. I'm sure that could be done without any problem.

Pineapple Coconut Bundt Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 cube of butter
3 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350. Soften the butter and combine with dry cake mix on low speed. Add undrained pineapple and coconut and mix til just combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and then invert onto a plate. Cool, and then dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Or so she says

Comments